Saturday, June 23, 2012

DAY 56: "Thanking the Stakeholders"

ENGAGING THOUGHT
As I look back at my childhood I can come up with one very specific way that my parents failed me horribly: they didn't make me send "Thank You" cards or notes after my birthdays.  Friends and loved ones would come to celebrate my birthday every year, gifts under their arms (almost always Legos - the greatest!)...after that I can only imagine them sitting at home waiting for an acknowledgment of their generosity...and waiting...and waiting.  It would never arrive.  No one ever told me I was supposed to do that.  My parents did not lead me in this most basic tenet of etiquette. 

I still struggle to do it, though I'm guessing I can no longer blame my parents, huh?  Expressing our thankfulness or gratitude to those who have blessed us isn't always easy - but at the same time, it isn't really that difficult of an action, is it?  My guess is we often fail to do so because it is such a simple action - so simple that we can do it later, right?  I mean, we don't need to interrupt our very important tasks in our super-busy day, right?  We'll get to it...tomorrow.  No, seriously...tomorrow...or the day after might be even better.

Uh, huh.

ACTION STEP
For today's ACTION STEP you'll need to put on your big-boy or big-girl pants and drop any excuses: write some quick notes of "Thanks" to all your stakeholders and team-members that have helped you get this far in your DREAM-pursuit.  Do it now.  Not later.  You won't do it later.  Seriously.

RIGHT NOW!!!
 
Tomorrow we'll thank the real Boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment